Heat pumps are becoming very popular because of rising electricity prices. Many people are starting to install heat pumps in their new homes, but many do not know how to treat them well enough. Here are some tips that will help you get the most out of your heat pumps in Jacksonville, FL!
1) Heat pumps work best when they have a constant supply of air. Make sure your air filters are clean, and if you have an air conditioning unit in your house, make sure the ducts are kept clean as well.
2) Maximise the use of ceiling fans. Ceiling fans not only keep you cool during hot summer days, but they also help circulate the cooled air from your heat pump to other areas of your house. They can also help lower air-conditioning bills because they replace the need for other fans to be running at the same time.
3) Close your curtains during summer nights or days when no one is home, and open them during the day when you are around. This helps keep the cool air in and keeps hot air from coming into your house.
4) Scheduling heating maintenance in Jacksonville, FL is important. Many heat pump companies offer maintenance contracts to keep your heat pump running at its most efficient.
5) A good rule of thumb to follow is that for every two degrees cooler air you wish to maintain, you should set your heat pump 1° lower than the current temperature outside.
6) Leading heating repair companies in Jacksonville, FL recommends installing a humidifier to help maintain humidity levels in your house. This will help keep air-conditioning costs down since the evaporative coil in your heat pump will not be as burdened.
7) To improve efficiency, it is also a good idea to install underground piping, but this costs significantly more than indoor piping.
8) Installing a heat pump is a good idea for many people, but only if you know how to take care of it. These tips will help you do just that!